I am sure you’re here after you read our top 11 best microwave oven available in the market. So now, we are going to discuss complete review of a top-notch product ie IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23BC4, Black) in detail.
IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven Review and Features
IFB’s microwave oven is an advanced multifunctional appliance with super dynamic attributes to make you a master of microwave cooking. Its chrome-finished front has a touch control panel with an LED display screen inside.
You get 23 liters of capacity which is enough even for large families. The glass plate is a 27-centimeter diameter big enough to prevent food from spilling on the microwaves cavity.
This product is designed to emit microwaves of frequency 2450 MHZ with a power source of 230~50 V~HZ that ensures the food is evenly cooked.
The control Panel
- Display screen: The control panel has a display that shows the current cooking time, the power used, indicators for child lock protection, and the present time.
- Number pads: It also has a number pad that has keys, which you can use to enter the clock or the cooking time, the temperature, etc.
- Quick cook buttons: It has a preset timing and temperature for foods which you can use cook food instantly. The various cooking modes available in this oven are discussed below.
Timer / clock
This feature is used to set a reminder for the time for cooking. The maximum time that you can set for cooking is 99 minutes 99 seconds. Press the clock/timer button once and set the time using the Numpad given in the panel. You are allowed to cancel the timer while cooking by pressing the stop/reset button once.
Power save mode
BY pressing this button you can save power and oven undergoes standby mode. The display is turned off and child protection will be activated. The power saver is will be turned off when you press any button.
This button is generally used to start any cooking programs or to turn on the oven. It enables the oven to use the power 100% conveniently and efficiently. This button is used to stop any cooking process.
Some Special Features which I liked the Most
This feature restricts children from operating the oven without any supervision. To activate the child lock, you have to press and hold the stop/reset button until you hear a beep, for three seconds.
An indicator light will be turned on and all the buttons are disabled. To deactivate the child lock, press the stop/reset button for three seconds until you hear a beep.
Auto cook menu
It has a preset option of temperature and time for some specified food. It is enough to specify the type of the food and weight of the food and the cooking process will be started automatically when you press the start/press cook button. The foods with preset options are cake/caramel, reheating, tea/coffee, spaghetti, potato, popcorn, veg pizza, chicken.
Keep warm / ferment
By pressing the keep warm/ferment button twice and start/express button once you can set the oven to operate at keeping warm mode or fermentation mode. The default time for the fermentation function is set to 30 minutes. This feature comes in handy to ferment the dough.
Product working in a brief
1. The IFB microwave comes with 71 Auto cook menus and 10 power safe levels with 900 watts maximum power output. Simply enter the weight of your food and touch Quick Start to begin cooking your favorite food. The microwave has an electronic safety child lock system to lock the door.
2. By touching and holding the stop reset button for 3 seconds this state disables all control pads thereby ensuring complete safety especially for homes with small children.
3. The power consumption for Microwave operation is about 1400 Watts and for convection mode, the power consumption is about 1850 Watts and for grill mode, the consumption is about 950 Watts.
|Special Features||Touch Panel|
|Oven Cooking Mode||Convection|
A short detail about Maintenance
This feature activates a steam cleaning program. The default setting for this action is about 5 minutes. To activate this feature press the steam/ deodorize button once and start/express the cook button once.
Before using this feature keep a bowl of water 100 – 150ml. After the steaming process is finished, allow some time to let the steam go and wipe the oven-dry.
This feature activates a deodorize program. The default setting for this action us about 5 minutes. It helps you to keep the fresh air throughout the oven.
To activate, this feature press the steam/ deodorize button twice and start/express button once. Before using this feature make sure that the oven is empty.
The disinfect button offers you the sterilization effect for your utensils such as baby bottles or oven utensils. The default time for the disinfection function is set to 1 minute.
Just place the utensils after washing inside the oven and press the disinfect button once and express the cook button to activate the disinfection function.
All Available Cooking Modes
Weight defrost mode
This WEIGHT DEFROST button activates a defrost program based on the weight that you have entered. You can defrost the frozen food with weight 100g to 1800g. During the process, the oven automatically pauses and beeps to remind you to flip the food. Press start/ express cook to resume the defrosting process.
Grill / microwave+grill mode
This oven has a pre-programmed setting that has 4 modes of cooking with variable temperatures with both convection and microwave. the maximum cooking time is set to 99 minutes and 99 seconds. you can set your desired time for cooking by using Numpad.
If you press GRILL / MICROWAVE+ GRILL button twice the cooking time will be split as 30% of the time for microwave and 70% of the time for grill. And when you press GRILL / MICROWAVE+ GRILL button thrice the cooking time is slitted as 55% of the time for microwave and 45% of the time for grill.
The hot air is spread throughout the cavity of the oven with the help of a fan in convection ovens. You can press the preheat/convection button repeatedly till it reaches the desired temperature.
Microwave + convection mode
- This oven has a pre-programmed setting that has 4 modes of cooking with variable temperatures with both convection and microwave.
- The maximum cooking time is set to 99 minutes and 99 seconds. you can set your desired time for cooking by using Numpad.
- To cook at 110-degree Celcius – Press microwave+convection button once
- To cook at 140-degree Celcius – Press microwave+convection button twice
- To cook at 170-degree Celcius – Press microwave+convection button three times
- To cook at 200-degree Celcius – Press microwave+convection button four times
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it come with a starter kit?
Yes, this product comes with a starter kit.
Can we use both microwave and convection modes at the same time?
Yes, it has 4 modes of microwave + convection cooking which vary in temperature.
What is the maximum cooking time?
The maximum cooking time for any mode is 99 minutes 99 seconds.
Can we bake a cake using this oven?
Yes, definitely you can.
What about the warranty on the product?
You get a warranty of 1 year on the product and 3 years warranty on magnetron and cavity.
What is the material that the product made up of?
It is made up of polyurethane which is durable enough to last for 4 years.